In the wake of the COVID-19 pandemic and as we approach what’s likely to be a new normal, elevated body temperature scanning and its applications for employee and guest safety, access and visitor control, and more are being thrust into the limelight. While these elevated body temperature scanning solutions may be a requirement to do business as the world reopens and works back toward traditional operation, you need to assure your employees and customers that you are taking steps to ensure their safety now, regardless of any possible future mandates.
With that in mind, we are currently vetting potential solutions in order to thoroughly assess the market, select products that offer differing levels of service, integration and additional applications, and help guide you toward which one of those products will serve you best.
Options for Integrating Thermal Scanning into Your Operation
- Goodview Dynamic Detection Display™ line of temperature scanner kiosks
- Watch video review HERE
- Aurora Tauri Series of temperature-check tablets
- FLIR T500-Series Professional Thermal Camera
- Mobotix Thermal Camera
- Viper Imaging Elevated Body Temperature Detection System
- OneScreen GoSafe Body Temperature & Facial Recognition Scanner
- Vicon – Thermal Body Temperature Detection Camera
Leveling Expectations for Thermal Protection
Scanning entrants to your space will play a role in protecting its occupants from both the novel coronavirus and other disruptions that may emerge in the future.
Many factors can affect how effective these solutions are, including the way in which they scan bodily temperatures, their ability to be autonomous, maintenance and setup requirements, their integration with other on-site systems, available alerts and screening, and more.
Though elevated body temperature scanning is only one aspect of a thorough safety and security system, with the correct approach and expectations, it can help form a holistic solution that reinforces your commitment to keeping everyone in your space healthy and safe.
You need accuracy and reliability that promotes a real sense of protection and security, not a surface-level fix that won’t stand the test of time.
Working with CTSI to Ensure You Choose the Right Solution for You
A variety of options are available to integrate elevated body temperature scanning into your operation, with camera quality, price, levels of integration and automation, and more differing from model to model.
That’s why we’re evaluating solutions in search of a complete range of products that will work for any business, of any size, and fulfill our two critical priorities – accuracy and a genuine sense of security, not a false one brought about by a rush to implement scanning.
Please review the following list of questions for you to consider and discuss with our UX and Engineering team so we can quickly assess your requirements and make the best recommendations.
- What is the objective of the elevated body temperature detection system, and how will that work with your current visitor workflow?
- Do you require integration with other systems? For example, access control, facial recognition, visitor management, or video surveillance systems?
- Do you have a plan for a secondary testing should this system generate an alarm condition?
- Do you require reporting and analytics?
- What is the anticipated visitor volume?
- Do you require a solution with an FDA 510(k) registration?
- What is your anticipated workflow for the elevated body temperature detection process in your facility?
Making The Right Solution Affordable
CTSI also offers elevated body temperature detection as part of our innovative and industry-leading subscription services, offering you another route toward tailored, beneficial scanning and access control.